Tuesday, November 01, 2005

One Day Family Trip

Deepavali. To me it's another *yawn* ordinary day.

Except the fact that it's a national holiday. And also except the fact that Dad's factory was closed for today due to all his workers went back to their respective hometowns, which means my family and my uncle's (also my dad's foreman in the factory) were free for the following week. Seems like family plans are overriding my schedule for this following week.

So it was decided yesterday that both our families will be going for an outing together for today. Originally we were going to Frasier's Hill, but the recent rainy weather made it dangerous due to the risk of landslides. So we went to Dong Zen temple in Jenjarom instead. And since I've been there once, naturally I became the guide.

Start out 8 in the morning, fetched my uncle and his family (along with my aunt - who unfortunately have to work for today) and then, 'dim sum' for breakfast in Damansara Uptown (yum-yum). Then, head off to Puchong, and Dad decides to find out the 'alternative' route to Dengkil. But well, thanks to the development of Putrajaya/Cyberjaya, the old signboards with the arrows pointing for 'Dengkil' were useless now. We ended up somewhere near Cyberia, and waaaaaaaaaay out from the road leading to Dengkil (in case you guys are wondering, we exited from the 'Pulau Meranti' exit near the flyovers).

OK. So we have to make a U-turn at the Equine Park Interchange. And we're on our way. The moment we reached Dengkil, it was my turn to keep my eyes on the road. We drove and drove and drove, not without passing by certain places with 'oh' 's and 'ah' 's from my family (due to familiarity of the place). I went kinda lost in the middle but luckily a signboard saying '8 KM to FGS Dong Zen' corrected my pinpointing and we took an important turn that I've actually forgotten about (blimey, I only went to Dong Zen once - and it was dusk). The next 8 kilometers were a breeze - and when the familiar traffic interchange with the petrol kiosk (without a roof, amazing) went into sight, I told my dad to turn left. We reached our destination within the next minute.

Well, it's been a year since I came, and the renovations which took place last year has been completed. Of course, my mind can't stop some of those memories of last year's Dhamma course to pop-up in my mind - happy ones, and frustrating ones (actually, it was someone else who got frustrated but well, I'll leave that to myself).

Of course, I start off with the formal, uh, how to say, ritual (?) of um, 'greeting' my master and teacher, the Buddha. Then off to check the interiors of the redecorated 'Da Xiong Bao Dian' (had been destroyed by a fire some time ago, but can't remember when), then went off to enjoy the scenary. Man, even the butterflies are tame enough. Mum took two close-up pictures of one feeding nectar on some flowers.

Butterfly !!!

Aye yie yie, I'm a little butterfly ~

Another one !!!


Ahoy ! Here I come, with my wings spread !


Yikes, a beast !!!

The picture is nice but the guy... =.=;

Anyway, it was pictures, pictures and pictures, next to the lake, the flowers, the temple entrance etc. After that, time for lunch.

Jenjarom -> Banting bypass -> somewhere near Pandamaran -> ah, Klang city suburbs.

It's been a year (or maybe more?) since I set my foot there. But whoa, the whole place has changed a lot. There used to be a huge garbage dump area there (I can remember crows flying around and occasionally, sea birds) but now, it turned into a low-cost housing estate. Anyways...

Dad drove us into a really really 'ulu' (undeveloped) area, which he claimed that the food was good. We ordered noodles and sort, but well... it's cheap, but it wasn't really nice. Dad even admitted that it didn't met up with what he tasted the last time.

But bleah, that's not only that. As expected from suburbs, we ran into a minefield - thanks to the local stray dogs. We have to rub our shoes on the stones before we head home.

And well, that ends our daytrip. But a longer trip awaits us this Thursday - this time, Penang for around 3 days. Damn, that means I'm out of the cyberworld for that 3 days. *sob sniff*

No comments: