Sunday, June 05, 2005

Network Marketing = Spider Web Luring Flies

Heck, this world of mine is going haywire. Espacially with the fact that some friends act more like spambots rather than humans.

It's like mushrooms after the rain - suddenly most of the kids I used to know are involved in network marketing, or maybe in their minds, money-making business. People whom I used to know back in middle school (heck, I've lost contact with most of them for a long time) pops out from nowhere, and they managed to dish out my phone number in amazing ways. Then they will invite me out for some coffee, and in the middle of some conversation they will bring out a file containing a whole load of crap, and thus their one-vs-one presentation commences - which most of the time I'm dreaming my time away instead of listening.

This is growing into an unhealthy trend. In the university which I'm attending, a lot of people are participating -and perhaps fighting each other for competition - in this 'business'. People whom I called friends are now people who are ordered by some-unknown-hand to use their own friends as their source of income. No, not their income, but the some-unknown-hand's income. Dammit.

Money drives people nuts. Or rather, people drives themselves nuts with money. The desire of wealth has turned many people into something that's inhuman at all. And that's the price to be paid for Greed, something like a contract with the Devil.

A few weeks ago, I saw this on the headlines of some paper : "Middleschooler involving in network marketing owes debts." Is this supposed to happen to a kid who's supposed to enjoy his/her teens ? Who's responsible for pulling that poor fellow into this mess ? I'd say nobody will. Because that damned fellow who set up the organization and started the whole thing, who took all the credits of being the founder and who took MOST of the profits from his/her victims (including my friends), will only KEEP QUIET AND REMAIN SILENT about this unfortunate event. And I'm not joking about this.

That's why I vowed to myself not to participate any of those, despite how TEMPTING the profits are, as described by my friends. The game of trust is nothing more than a gamble, and you lose more than you will gain in gambling.

1 comment:

Living My Dream said...

Hello~

Maybe we shouldn't steorotype yet. For example everybody say Indonesians are thieves, but I've come across quite a pleasant lot of them. I'd say, just be objective about it. Listen and think about it. Whether or not you join, that's your freedom, but don't condemn the whole group just because of a few bad apples. Bound to have good apples some where as well.