Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Inhumanity

[In memory of the kitten which was killed for no reason]

What makes the downfall of a person? Ill fate? Misfortune? Disasters and such?

Personally, I'd think that it's no more than their lack of common sense.

I've heard about the case of the China High-Heel Kitten-Killer Lady from a friend (though he enjoyed the pictures of the cruel killing very much), and that set me thinking about how these people are becoming sort of a mindless creature (or simpler terms, animal) in order to satisfy themselves, may it be wealth or fame or anything like that.

Then later on, I got the chance to get a glance of the pictures of the killing process thanks to a forwarded message, but I decided not to view the entire set of pictures. That expression shown on the lady while she did her 'thing' had told me enough of it.

Of course, this case spreaded through the Internet like wild fire, and there are lots of Internet users - especially pet lovers - who expressed their anger on this issue. For me, I love animals too, but sometimes I kill them too - and that's because it was an accident, or because I find it necessary to kill (NOTE: This refers to pests). And of course, most of the time I regretted that I have to kill it.

But in the case of the kitten-killing... It's a totally different story. It is KILLING WITHOUT THINKING. Though, it is not like killing a mosquito without thinking much - that's because we kill it due to our reflexes, and adding to the fact that mosquitos are 'threatening' to us humans. But a kitten, it does nothing much, maybe it goes playing around with your stuff, scratches your sofa and dumped in your garden. Maybe it might grow up to annoy you, and give birth to another litter of kittens to annoy you even more. But I don't see a reason why a kitten should be killed in that way.

From the moment that lady killed the kitten, and from the moment the pictures were taken by the photographer for the killing process, the both of them (killer and photographer) had already planted a very, very bad seed in their lives. Personally, I do not hope that they will be prosecuted for commiting this, but from their demerits they will have to face what that may befall them in the future. For now they may have escaped from the clutches of the world, but the crime they have committed will FOREVER haunt them for the rest of their lives. And if they are lucky enough, they will not regret for what they have done - for they have been blinded by their foolishness.

No comments: