Sunday, March 05, 2006

NGIAAAAUUUU !!!

It was a great Saturday afternoon, and well, took me a while before I got up. Got a phone call from no-wing, says that him and Co. are having lunch at LaTumis.

So minutes later, I was sitting there waiting for my Chinese-style fried rice and iced tea, when an uproar occured at the next table to us.

At first one of the girls there was whining in fear - thanks to Slade who happened to be in the way of my view, I have no idea what she's showing her fear on. Then it occured to me that she was trying to get away from something on the ground - turned out that it was a couple of cats hanging around there !

Well, those 2 fluffies were like the plague to her - it wasn't long before she was standing on her chair. My, I haven't seen someone who's afraid of little creatures that much in my life - not since the time where my elder sis went flying out of the kitchen yelling 'LIZARD!!!' on top of her lungs. But well anyway, anyone who knows the cats of LaTumis well will know that those kitties are filled with guts to ask for food from the customers - I've even seen one who actually stood up to beg for it's lunch.

Combine a brave kitty and a girl who fear cats to the max, and the reaction achieved is EXPLOSIVE. Seconds later, the girl was already at her limits, and as if her chair did not offer enough protection - she climbed to the seat of one of her guy friends next to her. And of course, standing on a seat occupied by a guy requires a lot of balance, and she clinged on to the nearest 'stable' object she could ever grab - that guy's spiky hair. Boy I pity that fellow.

Then one of the waiters of LaTumis came out and tried shooing and chasing the cats away, but they were too stubborn to move away. So as a last resort, he grabbed the cats and brought them to somewhere else, one by one.

So, in the end, case closed, but occasionally one of the cats passed by and that poor girl will be on the chair again...

That made me wonder - is it the cat who's supposed to be afraid of us humans, or the other way round?

No comments: