Thursday, March 31, 2005

2 Days of Idiocy...

Day 1...

Had to go make my student payment. Was late for it in fact, so didn't get to register for my courses next sem.

Went there and was shocked. Line was as long and twisty as a dragon's tail. And from someone I asked, I'm suppose to queue on the long line into the inner depth of the Finance Division, and not at the counter outside, because I'm paying by cheque. Fatal mistake.

Queued for 1 hour. Chatted with a senior standing behind me, about how ridiculous the whole finance system is. Senior complained about Finance Division didn't unbar her even though she had a student's loan, just because the loaning side didn't make the payment. And because of that she had to queue. Tough luck.

While queueing over there, I got inspired and felt that 3 pictures best describe the Division. 1st is the symbol $. Obviously you know what I meant. 2nd is a picture of a jet of steam, which means pissing the students off. Last is a snowball. Minor problems will and always will become a catastrophe. And also joked that the word 'efficiency' is a joke here, and also laughed at the idea on the so-called 'advanced online system'.

After 1 hour of standing, finally my turn was up. Guy behind the desk told me I should take the outer counter because I was paying by cheque. No clear instructions were made out there, but I haven't got mad.

Why? Because I'm smiling at the 3 pictures.

Day 2...

Nothing out of the ordinary. Until dinner time.

Went to order a cup of Teh Tuang (which my friend refers to Teh Tarik, a kind of beverage. Alright, it's just tea with milk and sugar, but made in a way so they look foamy). Guy behind the counter nods and says 'Yes' after I placed my order, but he seems more interested in entertaining the pretty lass that came up beside me, and he was very, very fast when he turned to that pretty lass. Standard single-guy behaviour.

Was sure that that guy had his mind drifting in outer space, perhaps in some fantasyland in the West, or more appropriately, charmed by that pretty lass. And he forgot to tell the other guy behind to make the drink. So I called up to the other guy and placed my order again, this time directly to him. Then I waited for the magical disaster to happen.

After the pretty lass left with her order (yeah strange, she got her drink first), the first guy regained his consciousness and asked me what I ordered again. I pointed to the Teh Tuang the second guy was making behind. A split-second of awkwardness (to him, of course).

Well, can't blame. Someone used to said "To err is human".

Long live the idiots.

No comments: