Tuesday, March 01, 2005

YAY D&D !!!

Not DND... it's D&D for Dungeons & Dragons, the pen-and-paper role-playing game I got involved recently.

Well of course I'm not totally obsessed to the game itself (we meet only once per week), but the main fun here is because me & my friends get to be together playing and cracking jokes (FUN!). We imagined the fantasy in the same way, do whatever what we want in the fantasy, and of course get to play with "gaga" aka "bakemono" aka Monsters ! Yay >..< !!! Also we get to write our own description of our own characters, adding the colours of fun into it ! Check here for the art made by my friend no-wing aka Yokunashi-san, he's really talented ^^

Akiwara Kaede which was my character...

Kyuro which was no-wing's character...

And btw I came across a site where it critisizes D&D as Satanic. It's really bad to say that, because that fellow accuses it Satanic based on only the possibilty of "IF the player gets too obsessed & there happens to be an evil occult passing by in a one-of-a-millionth-chance". It's not good, and the site itself is very, very radical. It also criticizes Buddhism, Islam and even Catholicism. I, as a Buddhist, wasn't quite angry about it because I understand the fact that I can't even stop a living creature from barking at me in real life, but I really wonder what my fellow Islamic & Catholic friends will think about it. And I heard some of our Protestant friends thinks he went overboard too. Hmm...

Oh dear, it's really abnormal for me to talk such sensitive stuff in this blog. I think I will stop writing here before some sniper shoots me in the head, or I might get my account deleted. Peace =P

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

D&D has been satanic due to 1st Generation rules where characters can achieve god status when worshipped by enough character.

Then again, God almighty would cease to exist if no one worships him.

Hence a battle for worshippers between D&D and god...

Kinda dumb huh?

Jad [Alt] Kaizer said...

People eat full liao nothing to do, find toothpick and pick this topic to argue lorrr... bo bien la...

Anonymous said...

Well, for more of this D&D vs religion, check out http://www.father-ramos.com/ in response to Demon:The Fallen by White-wolf Studios (http://www.white-wolf.com/demon/)

Also take a look at this comic book http://www.father-ramos.com/ramos/demonicdeviltry.pdf

p.s. See if you can authenticate this website as real.

Jad [Alt] Kaizer said...

Almost the same stuff as I read thru this site, www.chick.com

Hmmm the fight between the black and the white.

no-wing said...

Another similar page would be Logos Resource Pages. It has been sort of a rite of passage in Magic: the Gathering forums when a member would stumble upon the 'Dangers of M:tG' page and link to it.

The articles regarding D&D are conveniently located in the 'Occult' section, along with Pokemon, numerology and... Pocahontas.

Jad [Alt] Kaizer said...

This is an act of making someone's or something's weakness look bigger than it was suppose to be, very very unbalance. All they do is just speak bad of something. It's like making someone's wounds look terribly big.

As long as it doesn't turn people into harming the society, I don't think it's dangerous. And religion is suppose to be a guide for leading a life, NOT condemning a life by giving lame reasons that make things look bad.

A private message to those guys: "Why don't you quit using the computer and the Internet, you old farts ? It's satanic and it allows access to satanic sites, and teaches people to become bad ! BLEAH >:P"

hreaper said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
hreaper said...

Hahaha... definately a troll.
But the guy really took his time to make up that website for this troll eh? :D

FYI about trolling. http://www.urban75.com/Mag/troll.html

Dead givaways are the fact that I can't find any other post by this "Father Ramos", and Latricia Pushing of SADD should actually be Patricial Pulling of BADD (http://www.holysmoke.org/wb/wb0017.htm). :D
And I didn't think anyone's fanatical enough to tell people to lie and curse Methodhists in the name of God.

Thomas Heavenly said...

Well... I once heard such games are develish but I yet do not know how it works... but since after playing some games with D&D rules... 1st & 2nd (or is it just 2nd?) I find myself just playing a game and of course might get addicted at times because there sure will be times someone get addicted with things... (PC games)

What was the problem with creating a new character and play along with them???

I do not know others... but for me... I don't take it serious... if it dies, it dies... then create another new character and play again once more and avoide the mistake you;ve done previously so that it won't die...

Live life... think on the bright and correct side... ^_^