Friday, April 07, 2006

MLM Blues Again...

I woke up, moved in front of my PC, and found a forwarded link left by "Chim Yeh". Interesting. *click*

Upon sight, that left me ponder for a few minutes. I remembered when I still in S'pore and before enrolling into MMU, I nearly ate the psychological bait of another MLM company, but fortunately my family managed to make me realize the harsh reality behind the sweet fancy candy-like words. Dad owns a small network marketing company as well (it is running in a much more minor scale nowadays, since he's focusing more on the silkscreen-printing business now), and from all these years of hard work, he wasn't focusing on the profits, but he wanted to help people out with the health and hygiene products he's selling. And he gained more than just profits - it was friendship and respect that really counts into his success.

After some time I've entered into MMU (maybe less than a year or so), I had friends who participated in MLM schemes as well - LB, Goldquest etc. - and they will go around spreading the 'Word of Good' to their friends - and of course, that includes me. As usual, they will arrange some time when I'm free to meet me, trying to estimate my financial situations of the future (buy house buy car go vacation give parent money blahblahblahblah), then they will start introducing their MLM scheme to me, blahblahblahblahblahblahblah. And of course, as I've learned my mistakes earlier in the past, and I turned all their offers down, one by one - along with a message to make my stand that I'm NOT interested in it (my way of telling them not to bother me with that in the future), and sometimes telling them what my Dad has (heheh).

Of course, it's not easy as it seemed for my friends who were in it. I had a friend who nearly got into financial troubles just because he wanted to join Lampe Berger. He took out 1k+ out of his savings, and I think some from his student loan (NO JOKE) to pay up for that RM2350 franchisee level. I still remembered the moment where me and a friend of mine tried to talk him out of this MLM business, but he still insists to go on with it. Then after some time, I heard that he pulled out of it, which pratically mean that his investment (time and money) has all gone to nothing, but at least for now he got away from all the troubles he might have faced now - and to a new life playing Magic: the Gathering. Recently I heard his upline (a friend of ours as well) has withdrawn from the scheme, and she too was relieved that she was out of it.

Well, there's no such thing as quick income - the only thing that counts is hard work. I'm glad my friends finally understood the fangs behind the sweet talking, even though they have to learn it the hard way.

And I've a message to them LB members, especially those guys on top:

You guys have done more harm than good to the people. Your money comes from the hands of those people who struggled with sweat and bitter tears. Remember THAT when you guys meet your downfall.

5 comments:

Slade said...

MLM is not a necessary evil.

Refer to Marlov's heirachy of needs.

Many people wants fast money for security. But they just dont realize that fast money will lead to the development/surfacing of many negative attitudes such as greed, materialism, etc that blinds us from the highest goal of all which is Self-Actualization.

Self-Actualization (regardless of whatever religion you are in) should be the END, the GOAL, which we shld strive for. The means of which is everything below that including financial freedom.

The power of words again - sweet candy words.

Jad [Alt] Kaizer said...

No it isn't evil - but if I mentioned anything that's evil, it's the intentions of the people who abused the concept just to sap out money from others.

sÞ¡ηηєє said...

there's thing call karma ;)

if u believe in it.

F¡яєвџяN said...

thnx for popping by my blog, interesting content you have here..will be back for more!

Jad [Alt] Kaizer said...

Thanks for dropping by too. :)