Wednesday, April 05, 2006

POPPED

1 down, 2 more to go...

I was referring to the 3 cysts I have on my right year for years.

Recently one of them was infected, and the inflammation was so serious that my Mum, upon first sight last Saturday, yelled at me for not telling her about that.

Immediately that afternoon, I arranged an appointment in a clinic nearby Cless' home in PJ. Doc's diagnosis was exactly what I found out on the Net - apparently they were sebaceous cysts, and they were the kind of pain-in-the-butt where it's best to be left alone, as currently the most convenient way to remove it is via surgery, and ONLY if it's infected.

Anyway, Doc inscribed a couple of antibiotics, some painkillers and the usual type of skin lotion with the label 'POISON' on top of it's vessel, and he says that I'd need to return in a couple of days (NOTE: Monday, but fortunately I only had class during the afternoon) for SURGERY.

I wasn't SCARED when he said that - in fact I was very glad to hear that. The thought of the removal of that annoying piece of tickling flesh comforts me so much that it easily overwhelm the thought of enduring the pain during surgery.

Anyways, after a couple of days of awful-tasting antibiotics and painkillers which I strangely found it appealing (???), I was back in the clinic Monday morning for the HIGHLIGHT event. So, first he sterilized my ear, then he applied anaesthetics on it merely by PIERCING the syringe into my earcup (OUCH). But hell it was really working, as I didn't realize he had already cut through the infected skin to let that annoying pus + blood fluid mixture out.

Apparently Doc's preparations weren't quite enough - he should've place some cotton bud around my ear to keep the foul fluid from flowing everywhere. Within that instant, some of the fluid went into my earhole, and some trickled downward along my face and then my upper lip - good thing I closed my mouth in time.

Doc compressed the infection slightly to squeeze the remaining pus out, and then he proceeded to cut out the membrane within - and the cyst that was stuck on it. After some click-clicks from the surgery cutter, he picked up the piece of membrane witha tweezer and then showed it to me (and Dad who was beside). Well, it was BLOODY, and Doc used another tweezer to pick out the cyst stuck within. The moment I saw it, I cursed and laughed at it with my silent thoughts : "Dangit, you're tortured me for years, now you're outta my ear MWAHAHA !!!"

Anyway, after some patching up and so, Doc instructed that I'd come back within a couple of days to get a new dressing, and he gave me some extra supplies of the usual awful-tasting antibiotics.

Well, it didn't quite hurt until the anaesthetics started to wear off during my trip back to Cyberjaya - and boy, it hurts for that while. Well strangely I didn't take any painkillers for that, and within that day the pain was gone. But the real 'pain' kicked in later - there's nothing I can eat in Cyberjaya !!! I survived that day with some honeydew and a GIANT mug of watermelon juice.

Anyway, the next day, I returned to the clinic for the redressing,, and I he says that I've to do the next few redressings on my own, so he inscripted a huge bottle of disinfectants for me to clean up the opening. And also it appears that the fluid that went into my earhole earlier started to take it's toll. As it was partly composed of blood, it dried up and a blood clog formed inside my ear - and it seems that some of it formed on my eardrum. So I had some trouble when I started to belch. Anyway after the dressing, I told Doc about my new problem and well, I got some 'eardrops' to clear out the clog.

Anyway I got home, and I can tell you that eardrops are not something to be messed with. The moment those went into my ear, it was so dreadfully painful my eyes started to tear. But it did a great job of clearing out the clogs though.

Sigh, seems like it'll take some time before I can really enjoy my meals now. =(

No comments: