Friday, May 12, 2006

Fatigue Redux

No blog for almost the past 2 days. I must say I was so (mentally) tired, I had been taken out of commission from the blogging world until now. But well, of course I know I'm not the only one who's tired - been reading a couple of blogs. ;)

Well, let's see what are the couple of reasons why I MIA-ed...

(1) 2 days ago was the Games Application presentation, our whole project team had to burn midnight oil for the completion of the project. Was wiped out immediately after that (though no-wing, who was in my team as well, was so damn excited when it was over - his Kingdom Hearts 2 had been waiting for him under layers of dust). Anyway, all that typing/figuring/balancing crap had costed me mentally, and I just simply couldn't blog.

(2) Was pissed by another bunch of e-Diots. Well, don't like to point out who, but one of them is definitely that crappy barbarian I mentioned earlier on (haha now his rent's gonna increase next month - can't wait to see what happens when my parents 'pay a visit' to him and his fat punk bro).

(3) Add another couple of depressing thoughts from my mind into it, and it makes up another reason for me not to blog.



Anyway, I had to pull myself together a little. Good thing I had something to look for - animes. Whee. I'm no 'Otaku' (and I don't want to be one either), but I'm a great fan towards animes which possess great storylines, and maybe yeah, humor.

[DISCLAIMER : Relax, to all those people out there whom accidently Googled into my blog, NO spoilers here.]

In my current list are :-

= Ouran Kouko Host Club (Ouran High School Host Club) =

Hehe. 'Host', as in something like high-class gigolos, except you cut out the physical body contact part - they are sort of like entertainers. Has a nice setting (high school for rich people), has interesting characters (a bunch of rich schoolkids operating a host club, and throw in a penniless lead character who had to pay up the debt for breaking an expensive vase which belonged to the club - but hey, voiced by Maaya Sakamoto *gasps*).

= 'Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu' (The Melacholy of Suzumiya Haruhi) =

One of the few animes which practically broke my mind - with the humor, the mind-breaking concepts, and PLENTY of Easter Eggs. Basically it's about Suzumiya Haruhi, a girl who has no interest in stuff other than supernatural stuff. She formed a club based on her 'unique interest'. I heard fans are forming a new religion about it, maybe calling it something like 'Suzumiya-ism'.

= 'Jigoku Shoujo' (Hell Girl) =

No, it's not like that crappy Hellboy. This Hell Girl has way much better storylines. Talks about something like, should someone post a grudge of someone on the Internet on the stroke of midnight, the Jigoku Shoujo will appear and drag the person who was being hated to hell - but, not without a price. Heck, for the past 2 days I've been desperately downloading this, despite my PC's running low on GB's. Need to buy new CDs to burn stuff out now.

Like I said, I'm no 'Otaku' - but I deem myself weird for my tendency to favor the 'seiyuu''s (voice actor/actresses). One of them in my list was Mamiko Noto, famous for portraying girls that have a gentle personality (Hell Girl was one of them - though it was in School Rumble where I noticed her outstanding performance for portraying Yakumo). And maybe because of my weird taste, I went for Jigoku Shoujo - boy, they had different high-profiled seiyuus for different episodes.

And well, next in my list would be Fate/Stay Night - it's amazing that a visual novel game can turn into a world-famous anime - fear the power of franchising. no-wing's gonna lend me Hotori (Ayako Kawasumi !!!), and I'm really, really looking forward to watch it.

Well, at least that was working - at least I'm almost back to myself once again. But of course, getting excited over anime doesn't mean I don't had a life. Went out yesterday with no-wing, Slade and Ping. Great time there in Mines. Hanging out with friends is indeed refreshing.

How about the me today? Well, I had some plans as well - plans that I'm excited about. Ahh, never felt so good for a long time.

Well, stop for now - my plans are waiting for me.

P/S and to Xiang, if you're reading this, Happy B'day !!!

2 comments:

sÞ¡ηηєє said...

taking a break for embarking to a long journey.

anyway, reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. ;)

Xia_mi_mi said...

Don't let the others spoil your mood to blog wor.. =)

Try taking a break & let inspiration come to you before you embark on writing nice articles again ba..

Cheers~! =)