Monday, October 23, 2006

Day Of The Instant Noodles

Lesson of the day : Noodles cooked on the stove in a pot always taste better than noodles drowned in boiled water in a bowl.

Woke up close to noon today - normally would've been yelled at even if I got up at 9. Thing is, I worked myself all to 4am in the morning. And I felt all horrible all over myself, physically and mentally, so that's why today I decide not to go out for lunch. And it rained at evening and there goes my dinner plans. BLEH. Noodles will do tonight.

Tomorrow I'll go out for a change - staying at home all day does not work out at all. Get something nice to chow on, buy some snacks and stuff, and take a look around to see what's new in the neighbourhood. And that's what I've decided after I took the last bite of my noodles. Guess tonight there's no midnight oil to burn.

Wrist now turned from tingling to decay. Not like I did not treat it or something, but the plaster fell after some time. Maybe I should just leave it alone, and let it serve as a 'friendly' reminder that I should work out on balancing myself so that I won't fall terribly next time.

Browsed a couple of blogs today. Found one link, which lead to another. Something that I've always wanted to post up because to me, it's ROCK and it ROCKS.



'God Knows...' by Aya Hirano. For a better 'synch-ed' version and w/o the crowd noises, click HERE :-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5aHrE7d2XgA

From episode 12 of "Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu" (The Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi, note the 3 'u' 's in 'Yuuutsu').

Reason why I think it's cool (POSSIBLE SPOILERS AHEAD BEWARNED):-

Well, Suzumiya wasn't quite the popular figure in her school, but she was just a talented person who just got bored of everything around her. Founder of the 'notorious' SOS Brigade (Sekai wo Ooini moriagerutame no Suzumiya Haruhi no dan), she was so obsessed into her own interests that she'll do everything in a 'cowgirl' manner - from wearing bunny suits and passing out flyers in the school compound after school to extorting a PC from the neighbouring Computer Society. And everything that'd made Kyon (the grumbling male lead you'd see stuck among the crowds, and his real name remains unknowned...) have a certain level of dislike for her. But he and the other 3 brigade members (Nagato, Asahina and Koizumi who were actually hanging around for a purpose) had no choice but to follow her orders - since she mustn't be BORED.

But in this scene, it changed Kyon's opinion towards her for this day. Apparently she and Nagato (girl in wizard costume from the now-defunct Literature Club who was absorbed into the SOS Brigade - and she's not any ordinary human girl, since she just learned about the guitar skills like, minutes ago ?) were substitute members for the playing band performing that afternoon. And they simply ROCKED everyone out.

And kudos for Kyoto Animation for making this great series - they did a great job on the details of the graphics and the animation. Bravo.

Oh well, guess it's time for me to stop here and start hanging out elsewhere. Till then.

No comments: