Sunday, October 29, 2006

Life's Like A Game Of Minesweeper

Well, gotta admit I was too emo on the last post - thanks to Fireburn and EwA for pointing out my 'cardio black hole'. Maybe I should lighten the mood a little in this post.

Had been slacking around again, and still not satisfied on my progress (especially on my personal projects). The newspapers for the whole week are in a heap now, yet I don't felt bothered much by the headlines - disputes between Uncle and Doctor, blah bleh blah, disputes between Uncle and Doctor again, bleh blah bleh.

Had never got a nice sleep for the past 2 days - shop lot behind undergoing renovations, and drill-drill-drill whole day long since the morning. Can't - get - sleep. Eventually I had the urge to go get some hand grenades and lobe them into that big open hole and blow out those drilling Krauts, but killing anything alive including those noise-inducing mecha Nazis on this rock in the Solar System is penalized by iron bars and free back treatment, so I'd have to pass the idea and close up the whole house like a WWII underground bunker. Hopefully they won't operate on this perfect Sunday morning, or I'll have to operate something to release gas.

Though today, went out for dinner, and, uh, I think that should be the last time I venture to that restaurant - the food is... never mind. After that, I hanged around the bridge over the LDP for a while - while munching on that KitKat Cornetto (or is it something else?) and listening to my phone's radio. Somehow it's just comfortable standing on top of the center of the highway - neverending breeze, sodium vapour lights, tremor of the vehicles rumbling below the feet, and the company of random songs from the stations. I thought of trying that again next night, but definitely I'm going to skip that restaurant.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, later on I returned to my ghetto, turned on my monitor screen, and heck, still don't know how to put what I want to write into proper words. Turned on Minesweeper, started playing. Then my mind was dulled by the clicking, and the inner voice spoke :-

"Life's like a game of Minesweeper. You click your first step, not knowing the puzzle - and you will never know what the puzzle is unless you uncover the tiles one by one. Step by step uncovered, mine by mine marked, all will be uncovered by extra care, patience and rational thinking. And if you're not careful, you make a mistake - and you have to play the whole game all over again.

"But sometimes it can be a biatch - at times you find you are betting your stakes on that two tiles that you cannot judge which is the safe tile, and which is the mine. Sometimes you get lucky - but the other half of the 'sometimes' you will curse at your ill luck."

"And come to think about it - isn't Life the same ? Uncovering tiles, avoiding mines and avoiding them, got blown by that unsuspecting biatch mine you mistook for a tile, and most importantly, learning from your mistakes. And in the end, you realize, winning is not by solving the whole puzzle, but by learning how to solve it every time you face a new puzzle."

Well, that's what the voice told me, and urged me to write it down here. Maybe I'd forget about it one day, but I might find it here again and recall this little abandoned thought of mine.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the other hand, finished the 1st season of Nickelodean's 'Avatar : The Last Airbender' (don't be fooled by the 'Nick' tag and assume it's kiddy stuff - it's good shiat we're talking about, and IMHO it beats Naruto & Bleach in terms of creativity, storyline and animation) and as well, been watching this J-Dorama, Gokusen (dated couple of years back, so sue me for not watching it until now) that I've loaned from Sig. Both brilliant and inspiring I must say - it's like a female version of GTO, except this time you see a HELL lot of boys, a HELL lot of Yakuza stuff, and not to forget a HELL lot of Japanese humour. Don't let the female lead 'Yankumi' (nickname for Yamaguchi Kumiko, played by Nakama Yukie) deceive you by her 'normal' looks (think Asian Village/Town Girl with specs and double ponytails in tracksuit) - she can be very HOT when she gets pissed. Burning, flaming, and sometimes I'd imagine that she'd kill someone with her eyes by forcing their inner muscles to sever themselves. OHWAITDAMN - I'm mixed her up with Oboro from SHINOBI Heart Under Blade again. =
Well, probably I could again start writing because I watched like, 8 episodes for the last 2 days (average 45 minutes each minus the credits and stuff). Laughed. Pitied. Touched. All sorts of feelings overwhelming at every scene resulting in either headbanging or tearluring - probably a good kickstart to motivate my inner heart. 4 more episodes to catch, and that will be the conclusion of the 1st season for me.

And well, been spamming this song, Atsumi Saori's 'Ashita Ni Nareba', from the 'Kujibiki Unbalance (TV)' OP single 'Ai'. Had to check her name again before I remembered that she was the sweet voice that sang for 'Midori no Hibi' - well, her 'Mousukoshi... Mousukoshi' still pull the strings in my heart everytime I play it on my foobar2000. Oh well, hope the torrent for that old album of hers still work.

I guess I will have to conclude here for the time being.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Felt like a million miles away from my heart, yet a million words can't catch up with what I had left running in front of me. It may never be enough, but that doesn't mean happiness is out of grasp now.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, bed then, probably. Right after I Net on a while.

No comments: