Wednesday, October 25, 2006

The Path Retaken

Got up at around 10 today, thanks to my phone.

Cleared out some stuff. Took a shower, and by noon went out for lunch.

Probably because of Hari Raya, the mixed rice stall behind my house wasn't open. And well, I'm in no mood for noodles, so I have to walk another kilometer to the nearest mixed rice stall. Though in exchange, I get to catch up on what's new on the way, and there's always the radio on my 'new' phone to keep me entertained.

Over the neighbourhood. Crossed the metal bridge over the river. Passed by the LRT station. Nothing new apart from a new Guardian outlet, where a wall supposedly stood the last time I passed by there. Though people are still people, passing by with their numb passerby looks. Ignoring them, I continued on and crossed the pedestrian bridge over the LDP.

Stopped by the 7-11. Checked out what's in there, got a pack of Tic-Tacs. Walked out and continued on for another 10 minutes. Due to Raya, the streets were empty. Occasionally a car passed by, but that's all that stopped me abruptly from crossing the once-busy road. Soon I reached that restaurant, and had my lunch. Less than 20 minutes I walked out again.

Weird though. Nothing much on the way have changed. Maybe I was the only one who had changed for these couple of years. Or maybe it's the past that I did not managed to catch on ? I pondered as I walked my little journey home.

I don't know. Nothing's certain in this world. Either it's the world who abandoned me, or it's me who abandoned it. Probably I've been too disillusioned by the world's changing, that within myself I've became numb, insensitive and cold for this world. The price I pay to be an adult.

I stopped by at the 7-11 again. Bought some snacks and stuff. While walking on the way out, saw this girl waiting inside the 7-11 for her friends - another couple who arrived via LRT. I opened the door for her, and she darted out to meet up with her friends. I looked at them and pondered a while before I exit the mart.

They probably have a long way to go. And so, do I. Different routes, but nevertheless the same weight. Different paths, but nevertheless the same goal.

I continued on my way, returning to where I belong, retaking the path of growth.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Was thinking of this song while I typed on. The 1st OP for the anime series, Fate/Stay Night. Countless nights it had accompanied me, and once again tonight it had.

'disillusion' - Tainaka Sachi

Lyrics by Haga Keita
Composed by Number 201
Rearranged by Kenji Kawai

Lyrics, Translation by Byakuya.

1 comment:

F¡яєвџяN said...

wat so emo huh u...anyway..life is like that sometimes..so unexplainable..ha!