Monday, January 10, 2005

Extra Thoughts About The Camp

Speaking of the participants disliking the exercise-dance part and also the hymns & games section, I wonder if it's because of the participant's preference of activity.

As you see, the participants all came from Multimedia University, and most of them spend their time on the Net. They had already customized themselves to it, and find the fun part of accessing to the lots of information and entertainment. And a plus to the various types of games available now, from PC games to online Flash games, they provide entertainment that's unable to be implemented in real life. Now as they had found something more fun and advanced, they will gradually have a lesser liking to the traditional types of activities such as dancing and singing songs.

This, of course, is just an assumption I made ( I knew pretty much well that assumptions are dangerous, but it does no harm as long as I only implement assumptions into my calculative thoughts instead in real life. ). So I was thinking if our hymns & games section should review our variety of activities. But nevertheless, I know that our division has done our best to entertain and inspire the participants of the camp. Sadhu to Bro. Hock Guan, Bro. Lett Kee, Bro. Cless & Bro. Jun Han. =)

And speaking about the closing ceremony, there's still something I haven't mention on the previous post. While on his way out, the Chief Venerable suddenly mentioned that "a wealthy man is not rich, but a rich man is not wealthy." what he meant was a rich man who owns a lot has fear in him, because he is afraid what he possesses may harm his life. In the other way the wealthy man is not rich as his life is filled with wealth such as happiness and peace.

But the wealth wasn't just only that, later did I realized. After the camp I was broke, and only have little cash inside my wallet ( I know that I'm a big money-waster, so I'm struggling to not to waste so much by learning how to save.) I had no money for dinner, but one of my friends Wey Ann who also joined the camp invited me for dinner and paid for me. I was touched, and remembered back what the Chief Venerable said. True friends, as some people may not realize, are also part of the wealth that cannot be replaced. And also Sadhu to Bro. Wey ann. May the good be repaid with goodness.

And the long week is coming, and oh well, it seems that my mum didn't pass me any money to me, but of course I still have my way out (dried rations !). And I know, this is going to be another valuable lesson about "contentment".

No comments: