Wednesday, January 05, 2005

Memories...

It's been a long time since I played CS in cybercafes... missed the old times where I kill, snipe and *yeah* knifed...

The time in Taylor's was memorable, after classes I would go to the nearby cybercafes to shoot people, and every game there's about 20 people who joined...

But, that's not the real fun of it...

The real purpose I had was to make friends who shared the same fun as I do. Back then I had much more enemies than friends (wasn't popular at that time, i guess)... I couldn't find anything that I had in common with other people those days. Talking about materialistic life, such as owning several handphones, driving a car, going out with in gangs to various places, wasn't my type of game. And there were a lot of things which I do not have the knowledge on. As I failed to meet up with those requirements (maybe), I was being ignored and squeezed out from the community in my very own class... quite ironic...

That's why I ended up in the cybercafes during that time, even though it means I have to waste a lot of money. But through that kind of place I learned a lot of skills, reflexes through training and also friendship within the players.

Cons? Sure, I sort of got addicted. I hanged out in cybercafes more than restaurants. I don't have much pocket money but I do my best to save them for the trips, or if I don't then I just go there, take a look at the players playing.

How pathetic my life at that time looks like, but I truly enjoyed it. There were invaluable things that I acquired which most people can't see it. I got to admit by now, I missed that kind of life, even though I have a better life now compared to that time. Freedom. Friends. The laughters. The joy of doing tricks to get "oo"s and "ah"s. And the people I used to know so well. I missed them so much now.

Maybe I will return to that place one day. To show that a once legendary player (or knifer, rather) has not lose his interests. To show that how much I grew since I left that place. Yes, I shall make a comeback. Soon.

1 comment:

Thomas Heavenly said...

Ha.a!!! I never know you were like that... what would have been of you if you've never show up in MMU... hard to think... but well... you need to know one thing... poele that do not go to Uni are not geeks... and only geeks turn up in Uni... so far all the colleges people I know... they all are materialistic... whcih make them a norm in the society... maybe we can put this in Ripley's Believe It Or Not... hmm... I wonder will they accept this fact...