Sunday, January 30, 2005

Reunion

Met back with some old friends this Saturday night. Eventually I was invited by 1 of my old friends P (who actually had a plot in mind, please read a bit furthur...) for supper. Well, I was also convinced at that time that I could meet up with some old friends who took Form 6 in my former secondary school, as they have completed their STPM and waiting for their results.

We went to an open-air food stall where my friend claims that most of our old friends will drop by there for midnight supper. Then we settled down, ordered a couple of drinks, chattered for a while, then after around 10 minutes P finally "unmasked" his real purpose to me and started to do a presentation about a product (spirulina, in fact) from a network marketing company which he had joined. ( P/S I have no interest in other network marketing companies as my dad already owns 1. So whenever my friends starts to do a presentation I will just sit down and see how colorful this world can be, no harm listening only, right? :P ) Anyways he presented to me for around 20 minutes, and at the end of it he was at the point of writing down my details on a membership application form without my agreement. ( Readers BEWARE ! Common tactic used by them >.< ) But I managed to halt him immediately as I was already on alert. I was lucky we didn't end up in an awkward scenario.

After that, the both of us spent half an hour in the cybercafe nearby challenging each other with NFS:U2's Drag ( I wonder why he's always slower than me by that little... maybe I was lucky? I am not a good racing gamer at all ). Then we came out again and met up with another group of friends, and for goodness' sake P there started another "sharing" with another friend W in that group who happens to have joined another company selling RO water. So while the both of them were deep in conversation, the rest of us (3 by the way) updated each other with our current achievements in life, and also about the others whom I have not seen for a long time. ( I called 2 years a long time ) Some of them were part-time teachers now, some taking part-time jobs in shops, and some of them were still carefree (which make me quite envious about it, crap).

And when the conversation I was involved in had ended, P and the other guy haven't finished talking yet, and it was already 1 am. One of my friends had to leave early as he had to start working the next day (yes, his 1st day's on Sunday). So the remaining 2 of us quietly listened to P and W doing their sharing. And everything seems OK until P pointed out that "mineral water is bad for everyone's health and everyone should stop drinking it", which the 3 of us disagreead in the same time. The 3 of us had accidently formed an alliance, and eventually my friend P there tried to fight back to get us to believe him but was not successful (conclusion : the 3 of us were stubborn). So, in vain, P exclaimed that we stop this topic else something unhappy occurs, and he drove all of us to our homes.

I was the last person he had to drop, and before I reached my home, I gave him a piece of advice which my former boss in Singapore told me : "Listen twice, speak once". He took my advice, not that willingly but in fashion. And finally we reached my home, and I bid him farewell, and went off to sleep straight away as it was already 2am at that time. (Luckily Mum didn't kill me for that, just because I messaged her earlier that I would return home late ^^)

Moral Of The Story : When you want to do a presentation, read the details CAREFULLY before you present to anyone. Better make a clown out of yourself in front of the mirror than in front of a crowd.

No comments: