Monday, July 03, 2006

Hunger, Ear Torment & Bullies

Hungry. Yes, I'm seriously hungry, thanks to the small little meal my family called dinner. It's nothing more than a small portion of 'beehoon' anyway.

And why did we end up with 'beehoon' for tonight ? Because there's a friggin' Karaoke function that Dad has to be in charge of tonight - and it's held in a Buddhist Lodge somewhere near home (Thus the vegetarian 'beehoon'). And don't know ask me why or how it happened, but I ended up as free labour for that event carrying the Karaoke CDs to the PA room and vice versa.

As for the participants, only one senior lady was considered good - the rest are merely ear torment. At times I have to sing along the song myself just to distract myself from the horrible wailings. And to add up the sum of these endless torture, the aunties who didn't know how 'terrific' their singing were kept coming back for more songs to perform.

Every time I see them returning to the desk, my mind snaps and starts grumbling from the inside :-

"OMGWTFPLSSTFUNDIEN00BKTHXBYE?!"

Sighhhhh.

------

Now I'm still hungry. And adding to it, exhausted as well. Maybe I will add in frustration as well, so I can fire on some stuff.

Hmm. Recalling now... ah yeah, the stuff I saw these few days.

The schoolgirl beatings.

Saw the Miri one, as well as the S'porean one. Seems like the traditional way of showing off power via violence is still popular among young people these days.

Everytime I witness a blow inflicted on the victims, I always wonder what those victims (and as well, bullies) are thinking. To me, both sides are actually acting in an identical way.

To make my opinion simpler - THEY ARE TRYING TO FIND A WAY OUT OF THIS MESS.

The victims are of course, easier to understand - they need someone to help them out of this situation. Though the bullies are slightly difficult to understand, but if one pays enough attention to them, they are actually in one way, victims too.

And the bullies enjoy what they are doing to their victim - the 2 vids that I've watched are good enough proof. It is because the bullies couldn't find a suitable way to handle their emotions, nor would they taught the ways to do so. In the end, they resort to violence to vent out their own frustration. And normally this will bring up a chain reaction of things - not only the bully doesn't benefit much from their acts, but the victims will be emotionally scarred and be affected by it for the rest of their lives, and in some worse-case scenarios, this causes the victims to become vengeful and more terrible things will happen - and this is what I concern the most.

Call it irony, but I used to be a victim of school-bullying as well. I admit I was the oddball in school, and it was quite difficult for my schoolmates to accept who I am or what I do. I was treated like an outsider, and without any liberation of any form it became sort of a downward spiral to me - I somewhat became less motivated for every year I pass through this kind of treatment.

But I deem myself fortunate, for I had the chance to pass through certain events and lessons in turning points of my life, which made me a much stronger person by now. Now there are still people who hated me for who I am, but I knew about that fact and I'm not afraid of it anymore, for there are people whom I cherish and vice versa.

And back to the bullies. Everytime I see one, I have the tendency not to hate them, but to pity them. Like it or not, they are the ones who needed the most help and guidance, and if we want to stop any bullyings from happening, we have to start from educating the bullies.

No comments: