Thursday, April 28, 2005

Boy This Day Is Eventful... Too Much Stuff To Write...

All these happened within the same day, April 28th. Never have I imagined that it will be that eventful.

(1) The Stalker

Didn't know Bro had someone 'stalking' him until I return home to spend the holidays.

She's actually his classmate, and well she is currently one of the hot topics in my family, because she ALWAYS call to my house and ask whether my Bro is there or not.

I'd never thought Standard 3 kids will know how to 'stalk'. I wonder how much the phone bill will cost her family (Mum'd kill me if I call that much. Not fair !).

Anyway, now my entire family's doing the evasive way, that is to tell her that my Bro's off to somewhere. That'd be the best way to deal with a sweet(?), inncoent 9-year-old girl. Well, sort of reminded me of the girl that 'stalked' me while I was 16. But she wasn't that lucky; Mum scolded her straight away in the phone.

Well, maybe it's up to the phone bills to make her parents realize what their beloved daughter is doing...

(2) The Treasure

"Oh the clutch is making some noise again." Dad complained while he drove us all to work.

"Well, we'll wait for another month, and see whether the car still can make it or not. If it doesn't, we'll change it for the new and larger Toyota." Mum said. (I'm not pretty sure about what model it is going to be.)

"Oh great", I said, "And how am I suppose to train my driving skills ? It's large."

"Oh yeah", Mum laughed, "That's stressful for you since it's new. Maybe we'd sell that old junkie van and buy a Kancil instead, since the Toyota is coming in pretty soon to substitute the job of that old junk."

I didn't look at Dad's face, but I imagined that he felt slightly horrible about the idea of selling the van. He's always been obsessed with that van anyway.

"Well, as long as it runs, it's still OK." Dad replied hastily.

Yeah, right...

(3) The Club's Mis-Account Department

Mum was sorting out some statements in the office, and she came across the statement from one of the clubs that my dad joined as a member.

"Hey, look here. It says you've spent RM35 at the Angsa Bar."

"It's been quite a long time since we've been there. Must be their mistake again." Dad replied while fixing the ancient-looking PC just next to Mum.

"Heheh, who knows Dad might have sneaked there for some snacks ?" I joked.

Yeah this wasn't the first time that club's accounts department charged my dad's account by mistake. Mum then phoned them and told them about that mistake.

I wonder who runs that department. I'm sure that there are other victims other than us. :P

(4) National Cars

We're cruising down the LDP bridge near Motorola, in a rush to fetch my sis from home to school actually, and boy the traffic was SLOW.

Dad sticked with the left lane, and I was watching the center lane when I saw one of the vans got into emergency brake, with it's four wheels burning and creating white smoke.

Next thing I know, we heard a "BANG, CRASH, SMASH" at our right as we passed by the motionless van. I turned back and saw that it was a Waja who smashed into the rear of the van, with it's front bumper fallen out of it's place and the headlight glasses gone.

Mum : "Wow that just happened beside us. I saw what happened to the Waja, but I couldn't see the van's damage... in fact it doesn't seem to have any damage..."

Dad : "Well, that's the national car, going into bits if it gets smashed or even if it's smashing something."

(5) E-diot

The right speaker of the sound system my dad bought 3 months ago seemed to play distorted noise whenever it plays high-pitched sound. I have actually compared it with the old one I got there (same model), and it really was that speaker's problem.

This afternoon I was reliefed from work earlier, as some of the work has been postponed and there's no point I stay back at the factory/office to fill in for the lack of workers. Dad has to go back to the All IT store in Low Yat to get some advice on the router, so in conjunction of it I brought the speaker along.

When we reached there, one of the technicians (chinese guy, quite young) took the speakers to the audio systems section and ran a check for it after he assembled it up. I stood beside him, watching him play a couple of rock songs using the speakers, and then he looked frustrated.

"So you say these speakers have... problems?"

"Yeah." I replied while thinking that "if it's OK it won't be here, dammit."

He glanced at the speakers for a while, then placed his ears near to it for a clearer listening.

"Err... well..." (he kinda reminds me of myself) "are you sure it's got a problem?"

"Yeah."

"well it doesn't seem to have any trouble at all."

"Uh, well, of course it doesn't have any trouble when it's playing songs that are heavy on the bass. It starts giving problems when I play something high-pitched, like piano."

"But, these songs I'm using now are normal songs we use to test the speakers."

Yeah right. You called rock songs NORMAL ? What about the others? I thought.

"Well, it's still got probs when you play something high-pitched." I'm getting a little impatient here.

"I don't see the problem in it. Maybe it doesn't support what you play."

I think my brain could've exploded on the spot if I am not patient enough.

"Look here. I've the speaker compared to the other speaker at home, and both of them are of the same models. And obviously this speaker that I've brought here got the problem."

Silence.

After some moment he broke out, "I don't know how to describe the problem to the department I'm sending this to. Maybe you should describe it in your own words."

GREAT. He said something like that to his customer. I doubt he'd keep his job any longer if I am somebody else.

"Well, OK." I hid my frustration while I reply "Let's just say it's got distortion when it plays something high-pitched."

After that, I left him to pack up the stuff while I walked to Mum, and I was NEAR to complaining that guy.

He brought the system to the service counter, and I have to fill in the slip for describing the problem (yes like what that guy said a second before I write down the details.)

After that we left the place to Imbi, to find some stuff Dad needs.

(6) I Nearly Went NUTS

Yeah. Dad got some advice from one of the guys in All IT (not that e-diot) and we need to reset the router by pressing that button a bit LONGER, because I messed up the administration thingy inside the router.

Well, after we got back at night, Dad told me to set up the thing to give it a try. This time, I thought to myself, we can't afford to make any mistakes, because now it's impossible to make one anymore thanks to that reset button. LOL.

After some twists and tackles in the admin thingy WITHOUT any assistance or guidance or even user-friendly interfaces, I finally managed to get connected by 'discovering' something that's got to do with my PC's Network Connections. After I tackled it, I nearly went NUTS the moment the Google page gets into view.

Yeah. I really nearly went NUTS.

3 comments:

Slade said...

this is a freaking long post.
but anyway, good luck in getting your driving license.

Jad [Alt] Kaizer said...

Yeah it's damned long because it all happened within the same day... (what am I saying?)

Oh yeah, thanks ;)

Jarod said...

whoaaa very long man...hmmm wonder few more years can write story bout Jad [Alt] Kaizer