Wednesday, April 13, 2005

The World Before My Saddened Eyes...

I felt inspired after reading one of the posts titled "Hit & RUN" from Waiter Rant .

I sat back and think about this society. Yes, the only difference among people are titles. Titles that show how much you achieved in this society. Titles that make one's name shine and glimmer, and decorating one with glory & honor.

But does that make one 'invulnerable' in this world ?

Nay. Even the people, who are gifted with Wealth, and those who inherited Power, shall one day fall and marked by their graves.

Irony. Sad. You may feel it. But it's always there, and no one can escape from it.

But I feel even sad for those who only had their eyes only on Power & Wealth, and neglects the meaning of Life. People have been too busy earning money, have been too busy achieving fame, and had been too busy doing useless stuff, until it extends to the level of where everyone forgets what they live for. People do all sorts of meaningless things, like contributing useless stuff, making useless traits, and in the same time, causing a lot of people to suffer from the consequences.

Don't believe what I said ? Well, you might even think I'm talking rubbish here, but we've got the world to prove it. It's happening everywhere. Greed, Corruption, Madness. In politics, in the society, and in every individual's life. Even Nature itself has to suffer from the wrongdoings of the ignorant Man. Pollution, for the sake of satisfying Man's desire.

It's no wonder that Nature is turning against us. That natural disasters are part of what Man did. Man have been too busy trying to conquer the world around it, and they just tag their actions with "for the benefit of Mankind".

Benefit, my foot. Indeed, there are 'certain' groups of control freaks who used this to score their 'prize' from the majority of this world. To satisfy their lust for Power & Wealth.

I've seen a lot of examples in my life. And those people, nay, they aren't people at all. They are Beasts. Beasts behind a Mask. Faking themselves as people who had 'achieved' superiority in their lives. But they are nothing more than dirt and filth.

Sometimes I'm tired of thinking how I'm going to survive in this society while holding on to my principles and don't fall into the corrupted ways in the same time. I might be thinking it righteously now, but I'm afraid. Afraid that I might change. Afraid that I might transform into another Masked Beast.

My only hope, is the Light in my hands. The Way of Life. The Guide through the Darkness that lays beyond my path.

1 comment:

ingrid said...

I read a quote once, can't remember who said it:

Speak the truth in hard words. And tomorrow speak the truth in hard words again, and the day after that speak the truth in hard words again.

Maybe the people who you refer to as beasts are not people at all. Maybe they are beasts, here to test the resolve of "real people". Maybe it is a test of our character?

I don't think with thoughts like yours that you would be succeptible to the greediness that you say you fear. People don't change; stop fearing it and go on living your life with meaning.

I fear living a life doing "useless stuff". Funny how the things that some people would consider useless are the things that are MOST important: like sharing a laugh with your friends, or stopping to help someone on the side of the road, or saying a kind word to someone who has been weakened by a harsh world. You know the old saying, that a candle loses none of its light by lighting another candle? Greed is the exact opposite of generosity, and by being greedy, those beasts are losing their light. They will be left in the dark soon enough.

Share your light!