Saturday, April 30, 2005

The Luftwaffe

Tonight it didn't rain.

Mum was scrubbing stuff in the kitchen while I hung up the clothes that had been washed. And it was a few moments before they start appearing like the Luftwaffe...

Yes, they are much more advanced, smarter and much much more annoying now. They have learned the ways to evade the weapons of Man to counter them, and they know the smell of Death very well, and had combined their senses with their swift, stealthy flying patterns. Behold the new generation of Man's most annoying enemy, the Culicidae aka mosquito.

All of them who suck blood are females; the males suck plant juice instead. My dislike for them doesn't quite come from the itchy sores that the buzzers left after feeding up on some of my blood, but instead it's their habit of flying around my face and purposely buzzing in my ears that make me hate them very, very much.

Dad brought the Zapper from upstairs, and started to raid the hotspots. But the annoying buzzers are damn *&^%$#@! smart; they seem to identify what the heck that piece of racket-like human technology is. After a few rounds of raids, Dad left the Zapper on dining table, but it came useful when both Mum & I were at the kitchen area.

Mum passed me the racket after failing to zap down the few buzzers that annoyed her; and the slaughter begins. No sooner than I brought the Zapper to the clothsline, I returned to Mum's side to try to kill the buzzers that's trying annoy Mum again; a nasty psychological trick to fool them. True enough, a few of them came back to 'attack' Mum again, and they weren't fast enough to realize it was a trap... until they fled when I have killed a couple of them.

It didn't end there; more seem to pop up from nowhere. Soon there's goes my third kill parading near Mum's legs; and another one annoying me in the face and thought that provoking me was fun, but she didn't thought that it'd be the last fun of hers to enjoy; then Mum alerted me again and another two down; there was one occasion where I zapped at least 2 in one whish, and in the meantime Mum caught a couple of them barehanded. And I have to do the killings while hanging the cloths, and they always come and annoy me during the moments where I'm trying to hang the clothes on the hanger. I lost count after number 8, but I reckoned I killed more than 10.

Mum urged me to finish up the cloths-hanging session and retreat. Before we leave the place, we have to close up all the windows and the doors to prevent more buzzers from coming in - something which we don't normally do before we go to sleep.

(P/S Oh yeah, I'm actually typing this post right after the whole thing, and now I'm going to sleep - driving lessons start tomorrow and Mum's nagging at me now to go to sleep. Wish me luck and wait till I tell you guys about the stuff I'll encounter tomorrow in my next post, Driving License Drives You Crazy Instead - Part 4)

No comments: