Monday, April 25, 2005

Driving License Drives You Crazy Instead - Part 3

So... the day has finally arrived...

The lady was late by half an hour again. She's suppose to come at 10:00 am. But well, I didn't care much, and didn't even bother to take out that lame booklet to read, and sat down in front of my comp listening to songs instead.

When she finally appeared with another candidate, I hastily grabbed all my stuff and got into her car. Only then I flipped through a few pages for some last-minute reminders. But I couldn't concentrate as I was paying more attention on where we're heading to.

It came as a surprise to me. I didn't know that the examination venue was very close to Taylor's College (which I attended the 1-year SAM course there, 2 years ago). Well I felt like coming 'home' once again.

After she parked her car, the lady led us into an office, and after all the registration stuff, I (slightly nervous) took the slip and went into the computer examination room.

First came the 2 eye tests for color blindness and eyesight. I answered all the questions and checked once for each test, and I got perfect scores for both of them (compulsory, else I'll be pretty much dead). Then came the big one... The 50 objective questions. My mind was whirling. "I can only afford to make 8 mistakes, not more than that."

After struggling for about 20+ minutes, I answered all of them, and recheck all my answers, and in the same time I reconfirmed my answers for those questions that I'm not so confident with. Finally, at the 27th minute, as told by the invigilator, I went out to the registration counter and told him I had finished the ordeal. He gave me furthur instructions and asked me to check the marks shown on the PC.

Alright, my heart was thumping. How many wrongs I have made? Will I pass? I clicked on that red button, and my score came out.

92%. That's 4 questions wrong. I sighed with relief, and went out to the invigilator and reported my marks. He gave me a certificate with a "PASS" on it. Then I sat outside with the lady to wait for the other guy.

That guy came out with an awkward expression, and declared his marks to the invigilator like I did earlier. Apparently he didn't make it. (EDIT : He actually made it, but with a scratch... 84%, just pass. Sorry for the misinformation...)

The lady informed me that the driving lessons will be held at either Saturday or Sunday, depending on my choice. Well, I still couldn't make my mind, so I told her that I'll call her soon to decide when I'll be going.

After a few moments we left the office, and headed straight home. My mood was pretty good, and once again I took a glimpse at the college, and smiled. Once again, I had survived another battle in this place.

(Well, I'm still being driven to craziness, because I made 4 mistakes.)