Sunday, April 24, 2005

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit

Went to Mid-V for a reunion with classmates during Thursday, which was a public holiday in fact.

10:50 am. YH, friend of mine, waits for me at Paramount while I took the train from Kelana Jaya, and we got down from University and boarded the feeder bus. We reached the North Entrance at 11.12am. Amazed that the trip was fast and was also frustrated, because we reached too early from the appointed time, which was noon.

So while we wait, we walk around the area and check out some items on sale. EC called later, saying that he had arrived. Then next came YC. The 4 of us got bored of waiting, so we went to the arcades at the top floor. Then CY called and we told him to meet us at the compound near the cinema.

And then something interesting happened while we walked out to that compound. Apparently we walked into a couple of girls, not that pretty, and they started running to us. And from that instance my mind was whirling.

"Maybe they are salesgirls or something like that", I reckoned. And as expected, they introduced themselves to YH and YC who were just beside me (Hell I felt lucky and being ignored at the same time) and they asked for my pals names.

Well, they claimed themselves as 'donation collectors' and started to demand some 'donations' from the poor guys. They were SO persuasive and their faces were like 10 cm from the guys' (those girls obviously didn't attend Technical Communications), and the guys started to reverse, and in turn the girls advanced again...

I was in the extent of pulling those guys out of there, but one of the girls (let's call her Red since she's wearing that) turned to me and asked me if I'm "interested in doing something good". I replied "Well, I'm not in the mood of doing something good right now, and it's not time yet."

Yeah, you were lucky girls, else that "something good" I'll do is for the rest of your victims, where it involves you being dragged into the police station and get the proper treatment while the crowd CHEERS.

Anyway, CY appeared, and I hurried to him (the guys are still trapped) as he couldn't see us among the crowd. When we returned, YC had already donated 3 bucks while YH gave 5 (it was later discovered that YC wanted YH to give RM 2 so they only donate a total of RM 5, but YH was kinda blur).

After asking for another round for potential donations from us, the girls left to find their next victims. After that, the all of us (including CL who was the latest to arrive; been saying "Coming! Coming!" since 11 am) went for lunch, and we jokingly asked why the girls didn't offer a hug in return of the favor, and also about "if that girl's worth RM 5, then RM 50 is my girlfriend".

It didn't quite end there. After a few hours, we were strolling at the ground floor, and by chance we met them again. Those girls are either thick-skinned or having a serious case of amnesia, because they asked us to donate again. This time the guys (obviously scared) immediately claimed that we all have donated.

Red, who didn't give up because the guys turned her down, turned to me instead (I was being quiet, watching and giving out a smile). She asked me AGAIN to donate, and I gave her nod that I'm listening, but I didn't give her any eye contact on purpose.

Obviously she WAS impatient, because she shot out a statement which nearly make me bashed her up on the spot : "Hey why you pretend to be 'cool' huh?" before she went for another victim. Good thing she left, and she was VERY, VERY LUCKY.

I tell you, if I meet her in Mid-V next time, she's going to suffer pretty badly. Of course I'm going to make sure that happens. Nemo me impune lacessit, "No one shall provoke me with impunity".

2 comments:

no-wing said...

Hm... maybe you should retort about their brain size or something.

Really... all this 'donating' thing, I wonder how many of them are genuine. Next time ask for some identification. Or the name of the charity organization. Or a receipt. Besides, it's none of your business if I want to donate or not. It's not called 'donation' for nothing.

Next time call me along if you wanna go Midvalley. Let's have a fun time girl-bashing ;)

Jad [Alt] Kaizer said...

I should have asked you to be there, in fact.

Oh yeah they aren't genuine. No ID, no proper documentations, and so far they are the only ones I encountered there. A syndicate behind them? Probably.

But well, we have plenty of chances, don't we ? ;P